Low Carb and Weight Loss Tips

Low Carb Nutrition quick tips

1. Eat meat from a variety of different sources (preferably free range/grass fed). Beef (especially fatty cuts), chicken, fish, pork, eggs, etc

2. Avoid completely starches, sugar, and most fruits (initially). Carrots, potatoes, corn, peas, rice, beans, oats, bread, sweets, bananas, pears, apples, etc.

3. Eat green leafy and colorful vegetables. Lettuce, broccoli, spinach, red and yellow peppers, summer squash, etc.

4. Avoid trans fat and polyunsaturated fat(canola, cottonseed, soybean, etc) Found in most processed and boxed food and all vegetable oils.

5. Consume about 1-1.5 grams of protein per pound of body weight.

For Weight-Loss/Health:

*Because every individual is different, the level of carbohydrates that one will require to lead to weight loss will vary.

-As a rough guideline consume no more than 100grams of carbohydrates a day for a couple of weeks.  If no weight loss occurs reduce the number of carbs by 25 grams.  Repeat this process until weight-loss occurs. (A true low carb diet is anywhere from 20-50 grams of carbs a day)

-Most will find as the level of carbohydrates decreases, appetite will also decrease and hunger will be better controlled.  This is especially true for carbohydrate sensitive individuals.

-Some may be able to increase daily carbohydrate intake after ideal weight loss has been achieved, and others may have to stay at a very low level (for life) to remain lean and healthy.

-Remember this is not a “quick fix”. It should be a lifestyle change.  As soon as you revert back to the old eating habits the weight returns as well as the health risks.

-Eat at least 3 meals a day and try to spread out carbs evenly at each meal.  So for example, if you are consuming no more than 50 carbs total, have 15 at breakfast, 20 at lunch, and 15 at dinner =50grams total.

2 thoughts on “Low Carb and Weight Loss Tips

calories to lose weight said:
    12/20/2013 at 4:31 pm

An outstanding share! I have just forwarded this onto a colleague who
    was conducting a little research on this. And he in fact bought me dinner because I stumbled upon
    it for him… lol. So let me reword this….
    Thank YOU for the meal!! But yeah, thanx for spending
    the time to talk about this topic here on your
    web page.

Emma said:
    10/09/2014 at 2:15 pm

Hello
    I am thinking about taking prohormones, do you think this is good idea for advanced bodybuilder like me?
    Bodybuilders are satisfied with the results after prohormones cycles, just google for – 100% pure
    muscles without side effects – worth a try?

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s